Pancakes- so special we get an entire day devoted to them, and if you are anything like us they are not just for once a year! Our Marine and Pure Collagen powders make the perfect addition to your pancake recipes, for a protein and nutritional boost. Our ace friend and nutritional therapist Phoebe from Natural Nourishment
whipped up these amazing collagen pancakes using our Marine Collagen powder and kindly shared the recipe so you guys can make them too.
Sweet Potato + Pistachio Collagen Pancakes (Serves 2)
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Tapioca (Cassava Flour)
- 4 Tablespoons Ground Almonds
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Scoop Planet Paleo Marine Collagen Powder
- To Decorate: Frozen Blueberries, chopped Pistachios, Coconut Kefir/Yoghurt + a little raw Honey
- Steam the sweet potato, then blend with the rest of the batter ingredients.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add 2 Tablespoons of the batter and stud with blueberries and pistachio pieces.
- Cook until bubbles appear, then flip and cook until firm when gently pressed.
- Repeat until you have used all the batter, then plate up and dive in!
This recipe features our marine collagen powder, which is tasteless and odourless, so mixes easily into the batter- you can also sub in our Pure collagen powder if that is what you have on hand. Our marine collagen powder is a great choice for all-round support from hair, skin and nails, to gut health and joint support. It is also 93% percent protein, so is a perfect choice for after the gym to help support recovery and repair. Post-gym-pancakes are where it's at!
Follow Phoebe on Instagram
for more collagen love, brilliant nutritional info and delicious recipes.
You can find our marine collagen supplements and all our collagen powders here...