The festive season is here, time to kick back, relax and enjoy a festive treat or two, and what is more festive than a mince pie?! Well, we raise you the mince pie cookie, a genius fusion from our friend Phoebe at Natural Nourishment using our collagen powder to make these delicious Christmas goodies. Ingredients Homemade Mincemeat
1 Bramley Apple
1/4 cup each Raisins/Sultanas
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon Cookies
1 Cup Ground Almonds
1 Cup Tahini
1/3 Cup Honey
1 Organic Egg
1 Tablespoon Planet Paleo Collagen
1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
1. Make the mincemeat - add the dried fruit to a pan, pour over 1 1/2 cup boiling water, cover with a lid & leave to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop & core the apple then blend to a puree. Zest both oranges reserving 1 Tablespoon (for the cookies) and squeeze 1 1/2 oranges, reserve about 2 tbsp of the juice (for the cookies). Then peel and chop the remaining 1/2 orange into small pieces and set aside for cookies.
3. Add the apple puree, orange zest and juice to the pan with the dried fruit and cinnamon, bring to a gentle simmer & cook for 5-10 minutes until reduced. Allow to cool for 30 mins.
4. Preheat oven to 170c, line a large tray with parchment paper.
5. Add all the cookie ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine.
6. Add the reserved orange zest, juice, and chopped pieces and stir through.
7. Fold the mincemeat through the cookie dough and scoop tablespoon sized portions onto the tray, leaving plenty of room between them. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
8. Leave to cool on the tray for at least 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool, or enjoy warm with a Pure Collagen Cacao Magic! You can find our Collagen powders and full range of primal products here... You can follow Phoebe here and let her know if you make this recipe.