We are still loving playing around with our new product Pure Gelatine. We have once again teamed up with our pal and nutritional therapist Phoebe from Natural Nourishment, to bring you a fun way to use your Pure Gelatine powder. Phoebe has created a recipe for a grown-up twist on a kid-friendly favourite with this mint, strawberry and cucumber jelly. With our modern busy lives, and reliance on food processing, most of us no longer consume a source of gelatine in our diets, and have lost its beneficial amino acids, so this is an easy and delicious way to get in all that goodness. You may remember many childhood parties where jelly was a feature, but this grown-up twist has much more to offer than a little wibble-wobble and is free from any artificial ingredients, colours and flavourings as well as refined sugar. The key with Pure Gelatine is that it is derived from grass-fed cattle which is important for the quality of the Gelatine. The food the cows graze on greatly affect the quality of the protein, and the reliance on traditional ranching methods and Organic farming also means that we avoid factory farm systems where cows are exposed to antibiotics, growth hormones and other nasties we don't really want to be in our diets. This recipe is a fun way to get all those collagen-building amino-acids into the body, the method couldn't be simpler, and this jelly makes a light and refreshing snack or dessert, perfect for warm Spring or Summer days. Mint, Strawberry and Cucumber Jelly (Serves 2-3) Ingredients 1 Cucumber 1 Handful of Fresh Mint 2 1/2 Tablespoons Planet Paleo Pure Gelatine 1/2 Cup of Water 1-2 Strawberries Method
- Roughly chop your cucumber, add to a blender with the mint & blitz until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve or muslin to separate the pulp. Sprinkle over the gelatine & leave to bloom for 5 mins.
- Heat the water until boiling, add to the juice & whisk until completely dissolved.
- Pour into a lined container & leave to start to set for 10-15 mins.
- Slice the strawberries, dip lightly into the jelly to coat (this will prevent them from oxidising) then gently rest on the surface.
- Cover & pop in the fridge for 2 hours (or more).
- Serve with whatever you fancy, use within 5 days.