We’ve been using the extra time on our hands to get creative in the kitchen, whipping up super nourishing recipes to stay on top of our health and help our immune system to function at its best.
Today we’ve got a delicious hearty recipe for bone broth chicken soup. Long used by traditional cultures and revered for its health benefits, chicken soup has been documented to help clear nasal congestion, reduce upper respiratory congestion, increase hydration, and have a mild anti-inflammatory effect that can ease cold and flu symptoms.
Our bone broth powders are the perfect addition to up the nutrition in your recipes, and as they are shelf-stable, they are easy to have on hand during this difficult time. Bone broth provides a unique nutritional profile containing collagen protein and an abundance of minerals to support whole-body health. Chicken soup has long been touted for its healing properties, served up by a caring family member when someone was sick, it’s super nourishing, easily digestible and like a hug from the inside.
Studies have also backed up the healing benefits of chicken soup, suggesting it may have beneficial anti-inflammatory compounds that ease the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections and decrease the duration and intensity of colds and flu. Certain food items are proving difficult to find right now, so freestyle this recipe with whatever veggies, meat etc you have to hand.
Bone Broth Chicken Soup Ingredients
- 50g Butter 1 Cup Cooked and shredded Chicken
- 3 Tbsp of Organic Bone Broth Powder
- 1 Litre of water (Can add more if needed)
- 1 Tbsp Plain Flour (Sub in GF/Paleo option if needed)
- Half an Onion 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Stalks of Celery (diced)
- 2 Carrots (diced) Mixed Herbs (Fresh if possible, but dried if not- Thyme, Rosemary, Bay Leaf, Parsley work well)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and minced garlic and fry gently for 5 minutes. Then add the diced celery and carrots and cook until soft.
- Add the bone broth powder, herbs and water and bring to the boil. Season and reduce to a gentle simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken (add a little extra water if the soup is looking too thick). Heat everything through and serve. Garnish with a little fresh parsley.
Find our full range of bone broth powders here…
юIf you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, and tag us in your creations on Instagram @planetpaleo